Thursday, June 4, 2015

MCT ~ Designer Challenge

Good morning! I hope you all are having a FABULOUS week! I know I am, with tons happening in our household with school activities, baseball and just enjoying life.
Today Emma and the My Creative Time designers have a new Designers Challenge for you! It is a color, sketch and photo inspiration one this time around!
I have to say, I loved the colors and the picture. I took a very different approach for my project this time around. I wanted to incorporate all the colors but bring some of the elements from the photo. With that said, I had to pull out the Stitched Umbrella Die and added a linen look to it by using a stamp from the Build a Banner Kit. I figured the umbrella in the picture was linen. Then I decided to use the Grainy Wood Background because the furniture looks like it could be teak wood??? The lush green shrubs stood out to me too and used the stems from the die set, Stitched Pretty Flowers & Leaves Dies to fill my umbrella in. My flowers are  from the Seasonal Greetings set and my sentiment is from Thanks For the Lift set. Super simple and easy to create!
Photo credit


Materials Used:
Paper ~ PTI
Ink ~ SU and Tim Holtz
Queen & Co rhinestones
hemp

That's it for me today! Head on over to Emma's blog to see all the designers creations! We hope you can play along with us!
Thanks and have a wonderful day!



10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Miss Kimberly Your card is so Gorgeous!! You really did come up with lots of clever and creative ideas to create you scene and great thought process share and I totally agree with you for the linen look and the Tiki wood look super great ideas you came up with for everything Your umbrella with the flowers is so beautiful and love the soft look of your wood background....the colors are all so soft, pretty and romantic. You really did one super outstanding creative job!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that is just the cutest thing ever!!! Great design! Love your linen umbrella full of flowers and leaves! Just GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so darling! I love your clever linen umbrella!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card! Love the beautiful umbrella with the flowers on it! So clever! Wonderful work as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card Kim!!! WOW I love the added background but that umbrella with the flowers.....AWESOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your wood background and umbrella full of sweet flowers and leaves. Beautiful job.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay...this is like the PERFECT card! I love the pretty woodgrain background, sweet umbrella and beautiful flowers. Then you top it off with that sweet sentiment in such a great font..and you get...perfection! This is one of those cards that works for so many occasions and I love it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so pretty!
    That umbrella is really cute holding the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so lovely.

    Leslie
    cascrapper at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete