Thursday, April 9, 2015

MCT ~ Trending Now ~ Stencil It

Good morning! Today Emma and the design team over at My Creative Time are back with another Trending Now segment! This time around, its all about stencils. We could create a background or focal point with any die we wanted. You just have to take whatever die(s) we want and stamp away.
So I looked through all my awesome MCT dies and just couldn't resist using the Stitched Daisy Die. I just adore daisies and thought why not try to make a focal point using this die. I die cut the daisy and stem out with acetate. Used the negative part of the acetate. I used three different Tim Holtz inks and just had some fun. I had to mask off some areas but that was super simple. Then I thought it needed some leaves and thought of the Stitched Pretty Flower & Leaves set. For the center of my flowers I used Glossy accents and dry TH distressed glitter. Super simple card and I think I will try this again sometime soon!
Materials Used:
Paper ~ PTI
Ink ~ Tim Holtz
Tim Holtz Dry Distressed glitter
Copic ~ W0
Signo Pen
Kaiser rhinestone
hemp
Now head on over to My Creative Time to see what Emma and the design team have in store for you today.
Also starting next Monday The April My Creative Time sneaks start! Can't wait for you all to see what we have in store for you all! You are going to LOVE it!
Oh one more thing too before you go we have a new Designer's Challenge, click here for all the details.



8 comments:

  1. OMG What a beautiful card. Love our colors....I love daisies....You really came up with one fabulous idea for your stencil. Love...LOVE!! Great idea too for your card bases....lots of clever and creative ideas for sure!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous! I must try this technique! The center of your flowers are so dimensional - I thought you had used some cool new product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooohhhhh Kim!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!!!!!!!!
    AWESOME job my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty-I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors you used and the daisies make a very fun and pretty stencil. I like the sparkly centers. Beautiful job on your card.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these stenciled flowers, I really have to try this more with my dies!!

    ReplyDelete